Most of you do not know me or my background. Therefore I have included an abbreviated version of my CV here for your reference and information.
Kristopher L. Komarek, LCSW
4/2014 – Present
Family Wellness Center, LLC Carson City, NV
Title: Co-owner and Psychotherapist
6/2014 – 12/2014
Serenity Mental Health Carson City, NV
Title: Therapist Intern – Board Approved
08/2012 – 3/2014
Children and Family Counseling, LLC Fernley and Carson City, NV
Title: Clinical Social Work Intern – Board Approved
Supervisor: Jeff Davis, LCSW
08/2011 – 05/2012
Children and Family Counseling, LLC Fernley, NV
Title: Practicum therapist
Supervisor: Jeff Davis, LCSW
08/2010 – 05/2011
Re-Start Reno, NV
Title: Practicum case manager
07/2006 – 09/2006
Western Nevada Regional Youth Center Silver Springs, NV
Title: On call counselor
01/1992 – 01/2005
Arizona Supreme Court, Administrative Office of the Courts, Juvenile Justice Services Division (AOC JJSD) Phoenix, Arizona
Title: Juvenile Treatment Services Contract Manager
● Manage the procurement of $26M in a full continuum of diversion and mental health treatment services annually.
● Ensure delivery of all services to juvenile diversion, probation, and Juvenile Intensive Probation clients and families was according to standards.
● Supervise professional and support staff in the performance of procurement functions, contract services management, committee assignments, and special projects.
● Ensured that AOC contract standards were compatible with standards used by the other publicly funded services and national accreditation and state licensing bodies.
● Designed service descriptions and specifications to meet the needs of juvenile offenders for substance abuse services, sexualized behavior, domestic violence and general mental health issues.
● Designed a variety of performance-based out of home and outpatient service specifications.
● Worked with four other state agencies to create the Board of Fingerprinting. Served as AOC JJSD representative to the Arizona Board of Fingerprinting for all matters of policy, legislation and operations.
● Served as the AOC backup member of the Children’s Services Executive Committee.
● Served on the Children’s Executive Committee’s subcommittees. Participated in strategic visioning, strategic planning, and implementation committees.
● Served on a host of other inter-agency committees; examples – Children’s Behavioral Health services, preventions services committee, statewide clinical service guidelines, resolution of systemic issues involving multi-agency involved youth (probation, child welfare, Medicaid) , common procurement practices and standards, and many others.
● Drafted legislation, tracked legislation and provided technical support to House of Representative members, State Senators and staff on a variety of issues.
● Prepared budget justifications, reviewed and implemented budgets, and made recommendations to county probation departments for the management of their treatment services budgets.
● Problem solved systemic services issues daily.
● Provide consultation and recommendations to county probation officers, directors and judges for assessment and treatment services.
● Conducted routine monitoring of contracts, initiated reports and corrective action plans.
● Conducted special investigations of contractors for fiscal irregularities, child abuse allegations, and child deaths in placement. Issued reports and recommendations for actions.
● Developed contract services statistical and performance data, gathered data annually and issued reports.
● Provided staff training. Participated as the lead trainer for the Division in the Probation Academy.
9/1991 – 12/1992
Phoenix South Community Mental Health Center Phoenix, Arizona
Title: Team Leader – Evening Support Program for Delinquent Youth
10/1989 – 9/1991
Valley of the Sun YMCA Phoenix, Arizona
Adolescent Services Coordinator
Arizona State University 1975 – 1979 Western International University
Majors: Business and Economics Bachelor of Arts – 1991
University of Nevada Reno
Master of Social Work – MSW – 5/2012
Professional Licenses: Licensed Clinical Social Worker: 6832-C Nevada – 12/2014
Publications and Articles:
• Title: Attention! May I Have Your Attention Please? Published in Carson Now 2013
• Title: A Child’s Building Blocks. Published in Carson Now 2013
• Title: As a Child Grows, So Should Your Creative and Effective Parenting Skills. Published in Carson Now 2013
• Title: From Sofa to Salary: Launching Your Young Adult. Published in Carson Now 2013
• Title: Parenthood – Boundaries, Limits and Wellness. Published in Carson Now 2013
• Title: I Accept. Published in Carson Now 2013
• Title: Change, Please: Published in Carson Now 2015